Thursday, February 9, 2012

8 week update

*Talon smiles often and he does this funny thing where he'll smile and then get really serious right afterwards.
*At his doctors appointment at 6 weeks, he weighed 11 pounds, 22 inches long and his poor head was in the 90th percentile which doesnt surprise me because his father's side of the family all have giant heads lol
*I havent gone back to work yet and am planning on going back in the next couple of weeks.
*He is such a good eater and is still nursing.
*He sleep through the night and doesnt completely wake up to eat. He does this thing where he coos and moves his arms and hands around his face when he's sleeping and hungry. He sleeps while he eats.
*He sleeps in my bed and I dont think Ill move him to his crib anytime soon.
*Even since his very first bath, he never cries in the bathtub. He loves baths and when I turn him on his belly, he moves his legs like he's swimming.
*He loves the mobile in his crib and smiles so big whenever I put it on.
*He is completely fascinated by ceiling fans.
*He hates being too hot.
*Ive only heard him cry three times since I brought him home from the hospital.
*A few days ago, my mom was surprised to hear him cry and said she never heard him cry that way and he was 7 weeks old! He was crying because he was in his car seat and was too hot.
*He gets bored really fast and loves being entertained.
*One of his favorite things is when we do the Native American thing with our mouths and he opens his mouth wide and smiles so big when we do it to him.
*He loves to stretch. After he wakes up from a nap, he stretches for at least 5 minutes straight.
*He sleeps better in my arms or on my lap than anywhere else.
*His Grandpa came to visit from Boston last week and he gave him his first bottle and it was successful!
*We're going to his first Baby Signs class tomorrow so he can begin to learn sign language
*He hasnt been taking his binky very well the first few weeks and only takes it sometimes when he sleeps.
*Talon is such an easy baby. The only time he cries is when he's hungry.
*He does the fishy face when you kiss him.

I am completely obsessed with this little boy and am so happy he is a part of my life. He is my most favorite person in this entire world and I love him to pieces. I am so blessed that I get to share my life with such a beautiful little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment